Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 1


I decided to start with a pignoli cookie -- that's a pine nut cookie for us Americanos!! My former boss made a mean pine nut cookie, but I couldn't find the recipe so I was forced to troll online. My recipe came from a site called www.odense.com. I guess they are the makers of a certain type of almond paste. Well, this cookie sure uses a good deal of almond paste! In fact, my main complaint about the cookie is that the taste and the texture (sans the pine nuts) seemed almost like eating almond paste straight from the tube. Not that I would ever DO that. Im just saying hypothetically that is. It used a minimum of flour -- truly a minimum, it was 1.5 tablespoons in my recipe (that I halved). Good for the gluten sensitve I guess. Its good to make them very small, because they are dense and sweet. The pine nut is a great foil to the dense sweetness. Luckily, one of Gregg's biker friends came over later that evening and only a few cookies survived the onslaught. So at least they were appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home