Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 2



After the pignoli cookies, I was hankering for something with chocolate. So I picked something with a LOT of chocolate! Basically the cookie serves as a bed of rich chocoate dusted in powdered sugar in which to delicately cushion a chocolate Hershey's kiss. These were soooo delicious. Especially warm out of the oven -- not hot, but when the Hershey's kiss has just started to firm up again. You see, you bake the cookie, and then when they come out of the oven, you press a kiss into each one one. It gets all shiney and melty and I have a feeling you shouldn't jostle them at this point. But right after that is the perfect time to eat. And if you didn't quite time it to perfection of the first one, why, try try again! That was MY motto!

If I were to make these again, I would be sure to make the cookies pretty small in size. The cookie to candy ratio should be even smaller that you think. Also, the recipe (from Womans Day magazine) called for the cookies to be rolled in powdered sugar before baking. I would bake the cookies first, then dust them with a sieve of powdered sugar, then add the kiss. I bet they would come out even prettier. The recipe called for caramel-filled chocolate kisses. That sounds delicious, but I used peanut butter filled kisses, because that it what I had around as a gift from my mother-in-law. That bit of peanut butter with the chocolate was, as we all know, two great tastes that taste great together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home