Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 3


Today I made Swedish Christmas cookies. I am part Swedish, I am told, so this was delving into my culinary ancestry. However, the recipe came from the very american Food Network, although I'm sure you can find it all over. These cookies taste pretty good. Very foreign, though. Definitely euro cookies. The special foreign ingredient is cardamom. I had to go to the grocery store for cardamom, because I didn't have it in my spice repertory yet. I'm way into cardamom now, and I want to make more dishes with it. It can be used in both sweet and savory foods. Cardamom is like, soooo the new nutmeg! :)

Also, I had fun forming and shaping the (not so) perfect log. I also liked rolling the log in the sugar because it was nice and messy. The tinkling sound of little bits of red sugar hitting the floor filled the apartment, and I am sure I will find them for weeks to come. Very festive!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These cookies are yummy - I love the 12 days of cookies!

2:43 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

I really liked these cookies. The cardamom makes them refreshingly different... in as much as a cookie can be refreshing that is. I might make a batch of these too!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home