Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 4



For today's cookies, I went straight past double chocolate and directly to triple chocolate. Triple Chocolate Espresso Bean Cookies from the great food blog 101cookbooks.com to be exact. These cookies are an adult cookies, and not for the faint of heart! The funniest thing about making these cookies is that I went to two grocery stores and neither one carried chocolate covered espresso beans (a food crime, for sure). I thought to myself, Kendra you are cookie wiz by now -- you have both chocolate and espresso beans at home, so why don't you make your own "from scratch" and really go martha stewart on this recipe?!

The results are here:

They don't look quite like what you would see at Trader Joes. I ended up deciding to toss the whole lot because they wouldn't separate and were not very appetizing. Instead, I increased the amount of chocolate chips called for, and I added plain espresso beans to the recipe. They came out pretty good, and they give you a nice chocolatey espresso kick in the pants!

...So does anyone know the secret to making attractive chocolate covered espresso beans?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home