Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 6



I was drawn to these cookies because of their name -- Snowflakes. They sounded like they would be festive little bites, plus the recipe from epicurious.com called for a bit of chocolate in the middle, which a makes anything taste better. Once I started making the cookies though, I realized this cookie had a terrible little secret. NO butter. That right, folks. A complete ixsnay on the utterbay.

Although I was disappointed that I wasn't going to get my butter fix for the night, I decided to soldier on. To redeem itself, this cookie was ridiculously easy to make. I believe the coconut gives it some fat, so that it cannot be billed as a fat free cookie. I don't want to go check that out though. I will just continue to believe I am eating a butter-free cookie that tastes good. And Pebbles the cat seems to agree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home