Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 7



At some point during this project, I just had to make gingerbread men, the cookies of the season. These cookies, if I do say so myself, look maaaavalous. They taste pretty good too. Not too sweet, with a nice touch of ginger. Did you know that gingerbread men are made with ginger, that root vegetable that is used a lot in asian cooking? HA! I guess most people are like, umm yes, I did! But I never really stopped to think about where the ginger word and flavor came from. It was weird to scrape bits of ginger root into the dough -- but it works!

I made gingerbread men and snowflakes and decorated them with icing and silver dragees, then put the dragees away in my baking cabinet. Next time I opened the cabinet, all these little silver dragees came raining down on my head and scattered EVERYWHERE. Acckk! I guess the plastic container had opened up in the cabinet....

And hey, the next time I make these I am going to make gingerbread women, because how come gingerbread men get all the glory?!? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home