Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 5


Chocolate Bundt Cake

This is an old recipe given to me by my grandmother. She likes to randomly go though her desk and stuff and send me things -- twenty year old pictures and clippings, etc. So one day the recipe for this cake appeared. I can tell its old even by the ingredients -- its a dump cake from back in the day when 'ladies' were excited about new products like Betty Crocker, and they made 100 different recipes using cake mix. But I gotta tell ya, it was easy, and it tastes good. So no complaints here!

Here is picture of the recipe, so I don't have to type it out:


In the introduction, it says you may have used your bundt pan to make "gelatin salads and meat loaves." What?!? I have never made either of those with my bundt pan. Eew! Although I don't know the year of this clipping, apparently you could get 10 cent waffles and 89 cent lamb.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cake is yummy. I have a piece everynight before bed with a glass of milk! I like the 12 days of cookies :)

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This recipe makes your cake so special. I love this and the cake looks delicious!!!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home