Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 9

Bourbon Balls



I have to admit that I choose these cookies because they were a "no bake" cookie.  Simply crush and combine the various ingredients, then roll them into a gooey ball, then dip in powdered sugar. Maybe I also choose these because they contain alcohol -- off limits for me but a bit in cookies and I don't feel guilty.  We had some top of the line bourbon available for the holidays -- Basil something -- so I used that.   The other main ingredients were pecans, cocoa powder, vanilla wafers, nutmeg, cinnamon and powdered sugar.  Make the balls really small because they are rich!  (But guess what?  NO butter!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home