Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 11

Two Egg Break-In Pie


aka

Chocolate Espresso Pecan Pie

Ok, so clearly this whole cookie blog has gone downhill, since I am now blogging about baking a pie instead of cookies.   Also, we are still working out the kinks in Mom's new computer so I don't know if I will get a picture up.

I guess I will blame it on the movie The Waitress (not a good movie, but one cute part is that she creates funny names for all the different pies she is making).  I call this Two Egg Break-In Pie because midway through baking I realized we had eaten almost all the eggs for breakfast that morning, and we needed two more.  It was Christmas day, so everything in Columbia was closed.  We decided to in all likelihood violate the unwritten "key to neighbor" code, and zip over to CheChe and Charlies and take some of their eggs; they were having Christmas day dinner out with CheChe's family.  But of course, as we are trying to work the key in the lock, they come to the door to see who is trying to break in.  They are back home already, and we are so busted!  

PS -- The secret of the lemon squares is that the picture is actually a picture of a picture in a book.  Could you tell?!?  We ran off with the lemon squares so quickly after baking that I didn't have time to get an actual picture, so I had to make do! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home