Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 8

Chocolate Creme Brulee

Well, not everything can be perfect!

This was my first attempt at making creme brulee (with chocolate of course) and I had a feeling it might be a bit tricky. I have not successfully made the perfect crispy outer shell yet. Above is my best attempt. Below is burning, smelly globs of sugar, that I had to blow out like birthday candles. Apparently you have to be a bit gentle when wielding the torch -- and not just torch the bejesus outta these things.


Here is the link to the recipe I used from Cooking for Engineers. The only addition was several ounces of chocolate heated into the cream.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/32/Creme-Brulee-Cregraveme-Brucircleacutee

And tips for the perfect creme brulee from the blogosphere?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home