Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 10

I saw this biscotti being made by Giada on the Food Network (I've seen so many of her shows I feel that we are on a first name basis). I have been wanting to make biscotti for a long time, and this was the perfect holiday recipe, because it has dried cranberries and pistachios in it, not only for wonderful flavor but for Christmas colors.

This is almost my favorite cookie so far -- and no chocolate!?! Actually, the great thing about biscotti is that it easily lends itself to being dipped in chocolate. Unfortunately for me, I somehow have not mastered the skill of melting chocolate to the right consistency for dipping, so this biscotti had to go without. Wait, you say -- don't you just nuke the chocolate or melt over a double boiler and dip away? It seems like the answer would be yes, yet somehow I have failed. I tried to make a white chocolate dip for this biscotti, but it came out globby and chunky rather than smooth and shiny. Maybe there is a melting secret, but until I figure it out, these biscotti are doing just fine on their own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home