Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 11

I saw these "salty oat" oatmeal cookies featured on this episode of Food Network's Recipe for Success, and I vowed to try to replicate them at home. The are oatmeal cookies that are sprinkled with kosher or sea salt after being dropping by tablespoons onto the cookie sheet. I was intrigued by the idea of having a salty finish to my sweet cookies -- that combination of salty and sweet is really appealing to me.

These cookies were a huge success. They are very munchable and the salt at the end makes the taste more interesting to the palate. I also like them because they have oatmeal in them, which means one side of my brain can successfully convince the other side of my brain that they are in some way good for me. In fact, I am having a "healthy snack" even as I type this! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home