Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 12!!

For the piece de resistance of the twelve days of cookies project, I attempted a recipe for chocolate cookies that was famously made every year by my grandma Neena. She would make them in great quantites and send them to everyone. Let's just say I had very big shoes to fill --these cookies are known, so the pressure was on. I was doubting the cookies were turning out at every step. I kept thinking in my head, "OK, its a do-over. I knew I would have at least one..." But I forged ahead. The doubters and nay-sayers in my family were telling me the cookies were too light in color -- Neenas were much darker and more chocolately. But don't judge a cookie before its frosted! The frosting made the cookies much richer, and suddenly I had achieved the ultimate -- historical cookie accuracy. The greatest compliment I got was "Hey Kendra, these taste just like Neena's!"

Thanks for reading, everyone. Its been a fun and fattening December! Stay tuned for more meaningless forays into cooking and baking minutia. xxoo Merry Cristmas! Kendra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home