Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 1


Lacey Susans




Welcome back everyone! I decided I am doing the 12 days of cookies project again this year, and who knows, maybe every year -- cuz it is really fun!! It may be just an excuse to eat loads of butter, and of course this year I can say that I need to eat loads of butter for two! :) Double the fun!


Speaking of butter, my first cookie is loaded with it. Its a lacey susan, and I think you can see from the pic how it got its name. Its a yummy, easy cookie. To me, its basically a chocolate chip cookie with less flour and more butter. That ratio makes it nice and thin and crispy and brown and buttery. The other thing I like about this cookie is that it is deceptively large. That is, one whole cookie is actually a very small amount of dough. I used a small one teaspoon size dollop per cookie and they really flatten out and become pretty large. So, I can have, like, three, and it is really comparable to just one regular chocolate chip cookie. Or so I tell myself. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home