Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 4

Blondies



What makes a cookie a cookie? Blondies are described in Cooks Illustrated's "The New Best Recipe Book" as being a cross between a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie. Thats a pretty apt description -- so I think I will call them a cookie even though they are in a bar shape. These blondies are soft and carmelly tasting. Buried inside are semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and pecans. I had planned to holiday-ify them and add cranberries, but due to the Nor'easter that swept through NYC this weekend, my motivation to hit the grocery store waned and I made do with what was already in my pantry. Still yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home