Say it With Cookies

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cookies! Etc. Etc.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Twelve Days of Cookies, Day 2

Key Lime Coolers



Today I went to "the old lady of baking" for a recipe -- that would be Betty as in Crocker. I wanted to try Key Lime Coolers. People usually buy these southern Christmas time cookies, and I think the #1 seller is the Byrd Cookie Company. You can see their version here. I made Betty's home version -- its here. I was intrigued to bake something with "the refreshing and cool taste of citrus cookies." Yum. Plus its rating was 4 out of 5 spoons.

These are pretty good! I do like tart and tangy cookies. I had to do some math, because I quartered the recipe. I can't overload myself so early in the 12 Days! 1/4 recipe made about 1.5 dozen cookies. Just about right to get me through to tomorrow!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home